Table of Contents
Hot Air Balloon Safari and that too in a National Park? Sounds weird right?
But it’s true in India. Now you can enjoy wildlife from a height along with your family.
If you love going on jungle safaris to catch a glimpse of wildlife, gear up for a new dimension: hot air ballooning over a national park. The Government of Madhya Pradesh has launched India’s first-ever Hot Air Balloon Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park in Umaria District in December 2020.
Explore the unexplored
If you want to explore the mystery of the jungle which is inaccessible by road, then onboard an air balloon to know the wildlife from a birds-eye. Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve will let you enter its core zone and explore wildlife in action. With the hot air balloon ride, tourists will be able to see an aerial view of the buffer zone and core zone. Tigers and Leopards run around the national park at leisure. View of big cats in action and varied wildlife, and beauty of Bandhavgarh Park. It will be an exclusive experience for safari lovers.
After a maiden hot air balloon flight over the reserve’s buffer zone, Shah said that this is in line with Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan’s vision of Buffer Mein Safar and that this initiative will go a long way to promote tourism in the region. It aims to attract more tourists to the state.
India’s First-Ever Hot Air Balloon Safari
Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve and National Park is one of the most visited Indian National Parks by wildlife junkies from all over the world. It is a preferred destination for wildlife enthusiasts and leisure adventure travellers. Madhya Pradesh is also recognised as the Tiger State, has launched India’s first-ever Hot Air Balloon Safari in Bandhavgarh. To maximise the thrill and excitement of these adventure enthusiasts. Sky Waltz Ballooning shakes hands with the Government to provide a Hot Air Balloon ride in National Park. Commenced from January 2021, the ride takes off from the buffer zone and lands in the exterior of the buffer zone.
Speaking about Balloon Safari in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve, Vijay Shah, Forest Minister – Government of Madhya Pradesh, said, “Madhya Pradesh is home to some of the best national parks in the country. It has always been our endeavour to provide tourists and wildlife enthusiasts with unique options for indulging in adventure. With the launch of SkyWaltz Balloon Safari, tourists will enjoy and experience an adventure that shall lead to spotting wildlife from the air.”
According to the Director of Sky Waltz, with the launch of their service at Bandhavgarh, they are exploring to launch similar flights in Pench, Kanha and Panna Tiger Reserves.
Facts to know before you go
Madhya Pradesh State tourism is inspired by Hot Air Balloon safaris in African Savannah and Parks. So they decided to bring a similar experience to India. If you decide to visit here, it can prove to be a perfect holiday trip with your family.
- Hot air balloon has a maximum capacity of 9 people in one ride and it is loaded with necessary safety equipment.
- One hot air balloon ride will last for around 45 mins to an hour. It took place only 2 times in a day, i.e., in the morning and in the evening before sunset.
- The balloon will take off from the buffer zone and fly over National Park’s core zone, letting you locate animals in the jungle.
- Bandhavgarh core zone has an ancient temple and a fort which can be seen from the balloon.
- The activity is performed in buffer zone where the most population of White and Bengal Tigers, Leopards, Sloths, Deers, and more flora and fauna can be witnessed.
- Safari service is being operated by Jaipur based Sky Waltz Ballooning. It is a government approved commercial hot air balloon operator and also the country’s first fully licensed business operator. It is already operational in Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Delhi NCR.
- Inaugural price set at Rs. 15000 + taxes and Rs. 9000 + taxes per person for adults and children (age between 5 to 12) respectively.
- The entire amount will be refunded if the safari got cancelled due to unfavourable weather conditions.
- Reservations are done from Sky Waltz official website
- Passengers can also watch balloons being inflated and prepared to take off.
An experience that never experienced before
If Madhya Pradesh is in your bucket list then you must visit Bandhavgarh National Park and Tiger Reserve. To take your jungle safari experience to another level Hot Air Balloon Safari will let you fly and glide through wildlife from the clouds.