Reach to the sky and experience the actual “Sky is the limit” feeling. Fly, jump, or fall there are endless things you can do when you’re up there. Feel the adrenaline rush during the free fall, feel the calmness of the skies, and finally the sensation of diving. It is a bit risky, but the experience is totally worth it. There are a variety of air-based adventur activities but if you are not a fan of heights, then don’t panic, there are still some low-level heights activities. Here is a list of 12 Destinations for Air-Based Adventure Activities in India.
1. Sky Diving at Mysore-Karnataka
The first activity that comes to everyone’s mind when you talk air-based adventure activities: Sky diving. It is the most common air-based activity with a lot of thrill and risk. It really brings that adrenaline rush within oneself and it’s a lifetime experience.
This is located at the base of Chamundi Hills, it is probably the best experience to skydive in India. They offer two types of jumps – Tandem jump and Freefall. Don’t forget to look into the details before booking one!
- The height of the fall: 9000-10000 ft.
- Price: Tandem jump – INR 35,000; Freefall – INR 2,50,000
- Timings: 7 am to 9 am.
2. Bungee Jumping at Rishikesh
Rishikesh, as we all know has the highest bungee jumping in India. It is the only place in India where there is a fixed platform to dive from. It is located at Mohanchatti near Rishikesh. You are made to free fall from a platform and able to bounce back in the same momentum. This will give one a thrilling experience.
- Bungee Jumping + Giant swing: INR 6500
- Bungee Jumping: INR 3550
- The height of the fall: 83 meters
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Timings: 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
3. Hot air ballooning at Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Imagine flying high up in the sky under a colourful hot air balloon and experiencing outstanding sunrise and sunset: It is definitely a tick on your bucket list. Truly, Flying over the Himalayas and enjoying a breath-taking experience is a must-to-do when you are in Manali.
The balloon basket can take up around 5 people and the duration the ride is about 7-8 minutes.
- The height of the ride: 300 ft.
- Price: INR 1200 per person.
4. Paragliding at Bir Billing, Himachal Pradesh
Bir Billing at Himachal is considered the paragliding capital of India. It is located near Kangra Valley. One can also avail of short, medium, and long sessions of diving. Billing is the take-off point – which is considered to be highest in Asia and Bir is the landing point. Indeed, one experience a beautiful scenic view of the Dhauladhar mountain range of the Himalayas.
- The height you fall from: 2430 meters above sea level.
- Time: 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes.
- Price: INR 1500 onwards
- Timings: 8 am – 4 pm
5. Paragliding at Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand is a state with a scenic view being one of the top parasailing states in India. This is a lifetime experience to witness the beautiful snowy peaks, oak forests, and splendid water bodies while flying above a certain altitude. On the whole, this could be a memorable experience to cherish!
- Price: INR 1300 to INR 5000
- Best places to try parasailing in Uttarakhand: Naukuchiatal, Bedni Bugyal, Doon Valley, and Auli.
- The height at which you fly: 4000 – 5000 ft.
6. Parasailing at Maharashtra
Surprisingly, Maharashtra also contributes to air-based adventure activities in India. It ought to be the popular parasailing destination in India. There are a lot of places in Maharashtra which avails parasailing like – Matheran, Kamshet, Goa, Kundalika, Panchgani, Powai. Thus, it would be a great experience for the people in and around maharashtra!
- Best months to try this: October to May.
- Price: starts from INR 1200
- The height you fly at: 200 ft.
7. Sky diving at Amber Valley, Maharashtra
This is an excellent spot for a tandem jump. Their speciality includes 10,000 ft tandem jump and in the near future, they are planning to introduce other popular jumps too. Thus, one can enjoy the scenic view of Amber Valley while the wind takes you on a joyful ride!
- The height you fall from: 10000 ft.
- Price: Tandem jumps (Mon-Thur) INR 20000; Friday-Saturday – INR 25000
8. Bungee Jumping at Lonavala
Lonavala offers scenic views with many adventure activities. Indeed, this is probably the safest and the best spot for Bungee jumping in India. You can experience this at Della Adventures, Located in Kunegaon, Lonavala. However, there will be instructors who will explain all the safety measures before you jump. However, people with a bodyweight of above 35 kgs are allowed to take the jump.
- Price: INR 2500
- The height you fall from: 45 ft.
- Who can experience this: People above the age of 10.
9. Paragliding at Sanasar, Jammu
Glide through the beautiful scenery of Jammu at a height of around 2000 ft. above sea level for straight 20 minutes. In fact, one can witness the beautiful range of mountains of the Himalayas and enjoy the experience. Additionally, the same hill resort offers a variety of other activities too.
- Price: INR 1600 to INR 2000
- The height you fall from: 2000 ft.
- Best time to visit: June to September
10. Parasailing at Rajasthan
Ever imagined Parasailing in a city of deserts? Yes, it is possible! Rajasthan gives the opportunity to parasail over-sand. It is considered to be a leisure activity here. Moreover, this could be a different experience on the whole!
- The height from which you fall: 500 to 800 ft.
- Price: around INR 700 – INR 3000
- Best months to experience this: September to February
11. Hot air ballooning at Goa
Goa, being the hotspot for all the fun-filled activities, hot air ballooning is one of them. Specifically, Goa attracts a large number of people every year, to enjoy its beautiful beaches and culture. Enjoying these through hot air ballooning puts goa in the spotlight.
- The height at which you fly: 4000 ft.
- Estimated time: around 1 hour
- Price: 14000 per person.
12. Sky diving at Deesa, Gujarat
Gujarat is the first Indian state to have a certified drop zone for sky diving. They offer a variety of skydiving like static line jump, pair jump, and accelerated free fall. Enjoy the scenic view of the lake and enjoy the ride through the winds!
- The height you fall from: 10000 ft.
- Price: static line jump – INR 16500; Tandem jumps – INR 33500; Freefall – 37500.
- Timings: 7 AM
However, it up to your convenience which activity to try. All the above-mentioned adventure activities especially sky diving, paragliding, and free-fall offer training by professional trainers for a day or two before you have your first dive. Contact the respective location before you step into any of these. Happy and Safe Dive!