Life is short and the world is wide. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. Travelling is one of the best ways to open your mind and heart to the world. As a result, I have experienced the full range of emotions during my travels. Thus, I decided to write this blog 50 Best Travel Quotes of all the times.
Although this has sometimes meant having my lifestyle and point of view challenged, I would not give up a single second of it because it helped shape me into the person I am today. Travel can change your perspective.
Travel quotes are there to express the feeling which we experienced while travelling. Combine the best travel quotes with the power of an image and instantly let people have a taste of your travel feelings.
So here in this article, we have brought a collection of travel quotes which will inspire and motivate you to pack your bags and go explore! Or simply to add as a caption under your brand new Instagram post.
Let’s get start!
1. Adventure is worthwhile. – Aesop
2. I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them. – Mark Twain
3. Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind. – Anthony Bourdain
4. Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller. – Ibn Battuta
5. Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world. – Gustave Flaubert
6. To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world. – Freya Stark
7. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all of one’s lifetime. – Mark Twain
8. The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page. – Saint Augustine
9. With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding. – Sandra Lake
10. Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions. — Peter Hoeg
11. You don’t have to be rich to travel well. – Eugene Fodor
12. Travel is never a matter of money, but of courage. — Paulo Coelho
13. Happiness is a way of travel – not a destination. – Roy M. Goodman
14. One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things. – Henry Miller
15. I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list. – Susan Sontag
16. Take only memories, leave only footprints.– Chief Seattle
17. Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less travelled by. – Robert Frost
18. Oh the places you’ll go. – Dr. Seuss
19. It is not down in any map; true places never are. – Herman Melville
20. Investment in travel is an investment in yourself. – Matthew Karsten
21. Half of the fun of travel is the aesthetic of lostness. – Ray Bradbury
22. Life is short and the world is wide, the sooner you start exploring it, the better. – Simon Raven
23. To travel is to live. – Hans Christian Andersen
24. The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself. – Wallace Stevens
25. We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. – Jawaharial Nehru
26. Travel far enough, you meet yourself. – David Mitchell
27. I travel because it makes me realize how much I haven’t seen, how much I’m not going to see, and how much I still need to see. – Carew Papritz
28. One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.- henry miller
29. Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves- henry David Thoreau
30. Bizarre travel plans are dancing lessons from god- kurt Vonnegut
31. To travel is to live. – Hans Christian Anderson
32. We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment- Hilaire Belloc
33. Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.- ralph waldo Emerson
34.The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page- st Augustine
35. Traveling alone doesn’t always mean you’re alone. Most often, you meet marvellous people along the way and make connections that last a lifetime. -Jacqueline Boone
36. I think one travels more usefully when they travel alone, because they reflect more.- Thomas Jefferson
37. When the traveller goes alone he gets acquainted by himself. – Liberty Hyde Bailey
38. Not I, nor anyone else, can travel that road for you. You must travel it for yourself.- Walt Whitman
39. You must go on adventures to find out where you belong. – Sue Fitzmaurice
40. I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.- Mary Anne Radmacher
41. I wondered why it was that places are so much lovelier when one is alone. – Daphne du Maurier
42. Loving life is easy when you are abroad. Where no one knows you and you hold your life in your hands all alone, you are more master of yourself than at any other time.- Hannah Arendt
43. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
44. Nobody can discover the world for somebody else. Only when we discover it for ourselves does it become common ground and a common bond and we cease to be alone. – Wendell Berry
45. To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the most pleasant sensations in the world.- Freya Stark
46. Travel doesn’t become adventure until you leave yourself behind.- Marty Rubin
47. Solo travel not only pushes you out of your comfort zone, it also pushes you out of the zone of others’ expectations.- Suzy Strutner
48. To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.- Elizabeth Gilbert
49. Then one day, when you least expect it, the great adventure finds you.- Ewan McGregor
50. We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls. – Anais Nin
Travelling means getting to know the real you. To me, travel is more valuable than any stupid piece of bling money can buy. So just go on adventures to find out where you belong.
Here is an additional for you because you have read this article till the end!
Work, save, travel, repeat.